- Palmistry or hand-reading does not tell the exact future as the signs and lines on our palms change as we change. This is in fact one of the best aspects of palmistry because it proves that you are the master of your destiny. As you change, your lines change and so does the future. This busts a major myth of hand-reading – that palmistry foretells a fixed destiny. The shapes of our fingers can also change over the years.
- It is not possible to recognize the exact profession of the person by looking at his/her hand. What is shown by the hand is the natural ability and talents of the person. And he/she may or may not be using those talents so the profession cannot be shown.
- The exact profession the person is suited for cannot be shown because there are a myriad of professions today. For example, the hand may show a talent for healing others, but the person can be a medical doctor, a nurse, a house-wife, psychiatrist, counselor, or a spiritual healer and so on.
- Palmistry cannot tell with any accuracy the number of children that the person will have, nor their names or gender.
- The date of marriage cannot be told by looking at the hand. This is because marriage is but a piece of paper, a societal seal. The hand can only tell you about your relationships and usually long-term relationships can be assumed to be marriage. At times in arranged marriages where the couple is not in love the relationship is marked a year or two after the actual marriage takes place. At times, in a marriage where a strong intimacy does not exist between the couple, there may not be evidence of a strong relationship, but this does not mean the subject is not married. Nor does it mean that the subject is unhappy. The more the impact an union has on the life, the greater the chance that this is visible on the hand.
- Divorce is not shown on the hand because divorce is (like marriage) just a piece of paper, a legality. The hand shows emotional divorce, not a legal one. Emotional conflicts, or weak relationships are visible on the hand. If divorce has a financial impact, then the financial impact is shown.
- The date of death is very difficult to confirm from the hand as death is seen in different places, not necessarily on the Lifeline. The Lifeline tells you of the natural vigour of the person and reflects to some extent the overall health. However, a person can live well past the end of the Lifeline and die even with a strong Lifeline which goes right till the end.
- There are no “travel” lines on the hand although traditional palmists believe them to be present on the Mount of Moon. These "travel lines" are simply lines which enhance the qualities of the Mount of Moon. This enhances a love for travel and such people often do travel. At the same time, people who travel a lot due to the nature of their jobs but do not like it may not have travel lines. There is no way to determine the distance of the journey.
- Meanings cannot be attributed to signs like "Fish" or "Lion" or "Trident" or other such signs as these so-called shapes are formed by chance lines. It is the meaning of the chance lines which has to be read - where they start, what they touch and where they end. Stars and crosses do have meaning, but they have to be well formed.
- The hand does not show change of geographic location. Any change which affects the subject, either of job or location will be shown
- It is not possible to tell how much a person will study (education) from his hand. However, a person’s ability to study, in terms of interest in academics, reading, thinking ability, as well concentrative ability can be determined. People with these abilities usually do study.
- It is not possible to tell how much wealth or riches or property the owner of the hand has or will have, as money is relative. A person with a hundred thousand dollars or a million rupees might think that he has a lot of money and another with the same amount might think he has very little. A man with a hut might think he has property while a man with two apartments might think he doesn't. The hand reveals the perceptions of the owner of the hand, not the actual numbers.
- A hand-reader cannot tell the name of the person by looking at his/her hand and palm prints, and neither can he tell the race of the person. It is possible to tell the gender of the person because one can hazard a guess, by seeing if the hand is feminine or masculine.
- No genuine palmist will ever draw a conclusion based on just one sign on the hand or a line on the palm. Signs have to be read in combination with others. Hand-Reading is the art of interpretation. Besides, the shape of the hand, relative length and shape of the fingers as well as the mounts have to be taken into consideration before pronouncing any judgment on a hand.
- The hand we write with tells us our current state of mind and the passive hand tells us about the past. That is why the passive hand (often the left in both men and women) shows inherited qualities and the destiny that was reserved for us, and right shows acquired qualities and the destiny we make for ourselves.
- Hand-Reading does not reveal the same information about every person, particularly when it comes to reading the lines on the palm. This is because some people have more lines than others. And the number of lines is related to a person's sensitivity. Lines are formed because of the connection with the brain and nervous system.
- It is not possible for anyone to teach palmistry or hand reading in a few days or even a few months. Hand Reading takes years to master. It is all about practice. It certainly cannot be taught online as the feel of the palm, the texture of the palmar skin, the flexibility of fingers, the thickness and thinness of lines and size of the Mounts are important indicators that cannot be taught online. Only an experienced palmist will be able to recognize these aspects by looking at photographs.
- Palmistry has nothing to do with Astrology, notwithstanding the fact that the names of the mounts and fingers are based on the planets. These names are simply just that... convenient names which were set by early palmists. Palms cannot be read in conjunction with astrological charts as they are two separate sciences.
- Hand-Reading does not involve any psychic ability and has nothing to do with the supernatural or paranormal. It is purely a study of the lines and shape of the hand.
- No one "sign" means anything, as "signs" have to be read in combination with the other lines and the shape of the hand. Signs and symbols have been a part of palmistry folklore but besides stars and crosses (which need to be properly formed and independent of the main lines), none of the other so-called symbols have any meaning. And as mentioned, these too need to be read in combination with the complete hand.
WHAT PALMISTRY OR HAND READING CAN DO
- Hands can tell you the kind of person you are in an objective manner and the knowledge of the Self is the beginning of wisdom. In other words, self-awareness is the path to wisdom.
- Hand Reading can tell you broadly about the major events of the past and at times the future. For example, the good and bad periods and the causes. Also, a way to avoid future problems can be suggested.
- It is possible to see future trends from the lines on the palm, whether they are about obstacles or major events, or periods of poor health, all assuming that a sufficient number of lines are present. Advise can be given on how to avoid unpleasant events in the future and this is mostly related to personality characteristic which are coming in the way of success.
- When it comes to health, it is sometimes possible to pinpoint the reason for the health problem and whether it is genetic. Ill-health can be seen on the hand, but the exact health problem cannot be diagnosed with accuracy. For that a medical doctor is the best judge.
- It is possible to tell whether the person will get satisfaction from the amount of money and success he has and whether he or she will fulfill her/her dreams.
- Lines can reveal relationship problems and how to overcome any personality problem that is coming in the way of a happy relationship. Fingerprints are very useful for this reading.
- Checking to see whether two people are compatible is possible. Two hands can be compared and the hand reader can give an indication as to the compatibility of the couple.
- From the lines it is possible to find out if the person will achieve fame and name and if not, then what are the personality traits that he/she needs to develop to improve his chances. Lines can change if the person changes.
- Palmistry can tell you about the natural health of the person.
- Palmistry is an excellent career counselor and can pinpoint the exact talents of the person. Not just current talents, but also the talents that have been inherited. Usually a hand shows which qualities and talents are developing, and which lie dormant. This reading is far more accurate than aptitude tests because the hand shows natural ability, but aptitude tests simply test knowledge and skill.
BUT OF WHAT USE IS HAND READING IF IT CANNOT TELL THE FUTURE?
- Our ego prevents us from knowing who we are. We may all feel that we know ourselves, but the truth is that we often tend to look at our negative traits in a rosy manner.
- As one negative trait can impact one’s whole future and one’s relationships, understanding ourselves is important. If it is possible to change this one trait, then why not try? And people will not change unless they are convinced that this trait actually belongs to them. Let me give you some examples. The quality of rashness for example can lead to taking undue risks and future financial or career failure. Weak will power can lead to an inability to focus on any one activity, and yes it is possible to increase one’s will power. Greed can lead one to leave a stable job and venture into an abyss or lack of confidence can make one afraid to leave an unfulfilling and stagant career. The lack of a communication ability can also lead to career failure. Lack of self esteem can lead to inability to take decisions, again leading to failure. Unfortunately many people do not want to admit that they have less will power, or they are rash, or they are arrogant, or they are fickle…and so head towards a life they do not really want. Recognition is the first step towards improving the future. And it is never too late. Life keeps on providing opportunities but if one keeps reacting in a knee-jerk manner the result will be the same.
- Hand Reading can also help you in select the best career. At times a particular trait is excellent for a particular career. For example a calculating and logical mind may be excellent if you are dealing with numbers, not people. But in any profession which calls for dealing with people, or even weighing subjective information and arriving at conclusions, this kind of mind can lead to failure. Therefore hand reading can either help you choose the right profession, or if you have already chosen wrongly, then palmistry can advise you on you can change yourself to fit the profession.
- Palmistry can be of some help if you are having relationship problems. It is possible to see why there are clashes. How to rectify them does not lie in the realm of palmistry, but advise can be given.
- And palmistry does give a few indications about the future...based on who you are today. If it shows success for example, it shows that you will be successful if you continue doing what you are doing today. If it shows failure, it means that you will fail if you continue what you are doing today. This means that you can change, take life in your hands and control your future.
Related Reading on this blog: What to expect from a private hand reading
How to decipher signs and lines on a hand
How to decipher signs and lines on a hand